Winter Walk for AIDS
The 22nd Annual Winter Walk for AIDS is a one-mile walk / 5K Fun Run that raises vital funding for Triad Health Project's direct client services and prevention education programs.
This year's walk will be on Sunday, December 8, 2013 on the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Registration for the one-mile walk / 5K Fun Run is open to both teams and individuals. Walkers, strollers, joggers, runners and four-legged friends are all welcome. Register today at www.winterwalkforaids.kintera.org.
The theme of this year's event is #onecurelove, because love is always the answer. Join us in our movement by using #onecurelove on Facebook and Twitter to start the conversation about HIV/AIDS and Winter Walk.
What is Winter Walk?
The Winter Walk for AIDS is a community one-mile walk and 5K Fun Run that raises money and awareness to benefit Triad Health Project's client services and prevention programs. The walk promises to be a powerful and moving experience as we remember those lost to HIV/AIDS and look to a future when this epidemic is defeated.
The Winter Walk/Fun Run begins and ends at Elliott University Center, located on Stirling Street on the
beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG). Over 100 teams and over 1,000 participants made up of companies, schools, faith-based organizations, civic groups, and families - all will be joining in-step to raise vital funds and awareness for the fight against HIV/AIDS in the Piedmont.
Simple Steps to Participating in Winter Walk
Register individually or as a team. Teams can be any size and made up of any group of 2 or more people.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Register at www.winterwalkforaids.kintera.org. Set a fundraising goal.
- Sponsor yourself - invest in your success!
- Invite people to sponsor you - use the handy tools on the website!
- Bring any offline (cash or check) donations to UNCG on December 8th.
Tips for Success
- Start with your own leadership gift - show potential sponsors that you're also personally invested.
- Invite people to sponsor you and ask your teammates to do the same.
- Share your fundraising goal and what meeting that goal will enable THP to provide to its clients and community.
- Use social media to post links to your online giving page on Facebook and Twitter and tag #onecurelove.
Become a Winter Walk Sponsor
- Are you looking for a way to become more involved in Winter Walk? Why not become a sponsor? For the first time, THP is offering both business and individual sponsorship opportunities, which will include various incentives depending on the level of commitment. The complete sponsorship packets are available to view, print, or download in the box in the upper right hand corner of this page.
- Becoming a sponsor is easy! For questions about becoming a sponsor, contact Ken Keeton, Director of Development and Community Involvement, at 336-275-1654 x 19.